Where is the book that does this?
Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History, is the only American history book in print (or e-Book) to give accolades to ALL races of Americans for their contributions to America's formation and growth. It is the ultimate celebratory vehicle for Black History Month. The perfect way to reintroduce the world to America's true history. Just read some of the feedback.http://amzn.to/BeadsUS
- Through Beads on a String, you are introduced to individuals you may never have heard about. Their contributions should be noted daily. ACKNOWLEDGE.
- In Beads on a String there are short biographies of hundreds of people from activists to actresses.Bits of history.
- There are links to auditory and visual contributions.audio/visual contributions
Each time I see an African-American male safely and peacefully walking on the streets of the city, I immediately think about the dangers the Black males from the past faced each time they left their homes. Today, men can stand or move about without the constant care or worry of being jumped, yanked from the streets and killed simply because they are Black.
As I watch these guys, especially the ones just clowning around looking like idiots. Or when I read the news of Black on Black crime (not excusing any crime) I wonder three things:
- Do these males realize how blessed they are?
- Do they ever think about the path their ancestors had to walk down so they can reap the benefits?
- What have they really learned about America's history and the role minorities played in it?